Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas with Love

I want to be excited for the holidays. I really do. But you know what? I'm mostly just trying to ignore that it's Christmas. Actually, that's a fairly easy thing to do in Latin America since right now it's roasting hot and I'm wearing a mini-skirt and a tank top.

Can I also please note that Argentine Christmas trees are unusually ugly? I mean, they are tiny, poorly decorated and look completely out of place in the sunshine. The one in the foyer of my apartment building also only has 25% of his lights working and sometimes plays obnoxious Christmas music. I have a suspicion he's actually laughing at me.

Anyhoo, back to topic: I really can't complain too much since I've got a girlie get-away on the beach planned for Christmas. Instead of whimpering because I'm far far away, I'm attempting to focus on my current mantra: BEACH BEACH BEACH! It's hard to be homesick when you're sunbathing sipping a cocktail, right?

While I've got sunshine and a sexy tan this Christmas, next year I promise I'll be home. That's not a promise to my family or friends. It's a promise to me. My heart is aching for you. I can't wait to put my arms around you and hug you. I miss you all so very much.

Merry Christmas with love! xoxox

3 comments:

Minarin said...

Ambie!! I love you and miss you and am sending hugs and christmas kisses your way!!! Hurry up and get back missy ;)

Unknown said...

it was an amazing beach beach beach christmas :) glad to pasar it with you, chica!!!

Amber D said...

It was! I've gotta put up some pictures soon... and my sunburn is finally bronzing up, yay! I miss you already, by the way :(