Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sunshine Christmas

Christmas was amazing! My friend Meg (who has now left me… miss you Meg!) and I went to Pinamar for three awesome days eating, drinking and indulging in incessant girl chat. It was completely fantastic. For Christmas Eve we toasted at a phenomenal restaurant on the beach, were given costumes and danced along with the masses in a swanky live music moment. We both managed to get sunburned, ate fried calamari numerous times and drank a copious amount of beer on the beach. Pretty much perfection. While I missed my family a tremendous amount, I really enjoyed celebrating an Argentine Christmas in the sun.


Getting out of the city was great for my mental health as well, and I’ve returned rejuvenated and enthusiastic. These are the moments that remind me why I’m here and why it’s amazing. In my last few months, I'm planning to make memories to hang onto for a lifetime.

Next year I’ll be so grateful to be with my family, but I’m sure I’ll be nostalgic for the beach as well!

1 comment:

Susan La said...

Looks so fun...maybe we should go to the beach next year too!!!