Saturday, May 2, 2009

New Bed! (Happy Dance)

Stitch loves our new bed too.
I bought a new bed; I'm completely ecstatic! It is my first large purchase in Argentina and I think it might mean I'm settling in a little bit. I'll have to stick around long enough to get some use out of it :)

A bed was also completely necessary. The need for new sleeping accommodations became obvious a couple weeks ago when the old bed ceremoniously crashed to the ground with a frightening thump. Not only did that scare me, but I began wondering if it was time for a diet?! Anyhoo, I did a janky repair job which left me sleeping tilted downwards and to the left. I've been reluctant to actually go make a big new purchase since I'm not 100% sure about housing and living at the moment, but the dreams of sliding down walls, hills, and mountains slowly convinced me.

Bed shopping was in and of itself an interesting experience. I trekked all over the city and peeked my head into a myriad of different stores. This confirmed the absolutely appalling customer service that is often found in Argentina. A bed is a fairly large purchase; you'd think SOMEONE would want to help me. Sheesh. Most stores only have a couple different options, so I had to visit to quite a few places in order to encounter any selection. Finally, I found a decent store and had fun laying all over beds and hearing about springs in Spanish.

I thought I actually had made a decision, when I was wandering through my neighborhood and I saw THE store. I'm not sure why it was THE store, but it was. I felt it the moment I saw the big, tacky green sign. The woman was magically helpful, engaged me in a rambling discussion about Obama and US politics, told me truly useful bed-related information and had an impressive selection. So I signed the little dotted line and they delivered it this morning.

I'm sitting in my new bed right now. It's needing some new throw pillows, but that's besides the point. It's glorious, it's marvelous; I LOVE it. Sweet dreams :)

2 comments:

Anastasia said...

you took STITCH with you? He is becoming quite the world traveler. I <3 you!

Amber D said...

OF COURSE Stitch had to come, haha!! I love that strange little blue monster... he keeps me warm at night :)