Monday, November 9, 2009

Gay Day!

Random, slightly refreshing and definitely interesting…


Saturday night I found myself at the Buenos Aires Gay Pride parade. United with thousands of other observers – some of them wearing rather interesting costumes – my lady friends and I watched the magic rainbow floats drift by. It was more or less a walking boliche (night club) and we were swept up in the dancing mass of people marching through the streets.

While I don’t really have strong opinions on the issue, I truly enjoy and find the few gay friends I have to be completely amazing humans. As an event, it was more than interesting. And the general ambiance: loud music, fun costumes and moving hips, made it a riot to participate.

Following the theme of the night, I went to my friend’s house for dinner, drank an unacceptable amount of beer and headed off to a gay club with a few fabulous gay fellows.

Hannah and I were two of maybe 5 girls in Glam – a gay bar packed full of gorgeous dancing men. It was super fun: we danced for hours without anyone caring and I was able to walk through the room without being groped nor propositioned. And there was even TP in the women’s bathroom. Like I said, kind of refreshing. Maybe I’ll become a regular. And I’ll definitely be hanging out with those crazy boys again. No one appreciates my glittery pinstripe pants like they do.

1 comment:

Susan La said...

Sounds fun....were is the pic of you in the pinstrip pants?? blefu