Friday, September 25, 2009

New Chapter: Ridiculoso!

I feel like since arriving in Buenos Aires I’ve lived four or five distinct chapters. Every few months I end up with a new group of friends, a crazy new project, a big move or a romantic disaster. Once again, this month I’ve managed to tip my little world upside down and I’m embarking on yet another new chapter.

This time the setting is the new and upgraded apartment in Barrio Norte/Recoleta. It’s a busy spot in the city – faulting the trees that populated my street in Caballito – but it’s incredibly convenient. I can hop on a bus or the subway and be to work in 30 minutes. Phenomenal!

The apartment also comes complete with a set of four solid walls, my own little bathroom, lots of great storage, a terrace, a black cat named Bruja and a fabulous new roommate named Ali (featured below). I’ve ended my permanent camping situation and I’m more or less in love (it even has a microwave!).


Along with a new location, I’ve begun making lots of effort to replace my girlfriends who mercilessly left me here a few months ago. As a result I’ve discovered some new and amazing ladies for adventure hunting. I’m also seeing an Argentine who is about the sweetest human being on the planet and is keeping a smile on my face. We’ll just have to see how that goes before I tell you more stories about him.

And the big announcement:
I’ve decided to change the name of my blog to “Ridiculoso.”
This is a word that I invented.
The real translation for “that’s completely ridiculous” is “es completemente ridiculo!” but I always want to add an extra syllable to “ridiculo” and thus this has become my signature error. As an invented word, it just works… and I think with all the ups, downs and craziness of the last year it’s an appropriate title for my self-musings!

2 comments:

Susan La said...

Ridiculoso!! I like the changes to your blog, time for an update...good changes!! Some of your adventures may have been crazy, hard, sad...but not rediculous, it's not rediculous to follow ones dreams, or live big. You are fantastico!!! Bravio!! Smartio!! Lovedio!! (Reading your blog is helping my Spanish!)

Gabeli said...

Hey Amber! I'm glad to see someone else I know out there in the blogging world! Sounds like you have a cool thing going on in Argentina right now!