Monday, March 2, 2009

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head...

This is my roof. Well-ventilated.
Last night it was pouring down rain. Amazing, beautiful, strange rain. How is it possible that it's raining, horribly humid and hot at the same time? No, but it was spectacular because I have a plastic roof. I'm not kidding. It leaks a little, but I don't mind raindrops on my head so much. You just need to know which chair *not* to sit in. I mean, I know I've talked about my roof before (because it opens and closes and that's simply weird!) but I haven't mentioned how it SOUNDS yet. It was so loud that I had to yell to talk to my roommate. And I fell asleep listening to that fabulous sound. Today it was sunny. I'm feeling love for Argentina. (Except for the part where I couldn't round up enough monedas to take the bus. But that's a whole other story entirely.)

3 comments:

Susan La said...

My Mother loved the sound of the rain...she used to sleep in the hall to hear it hitting our sky light....XOXOX

Nannette B. said...

What paert of Argentina are you moving to? We are moving there in September-October. There is a helpful group on Yahoo

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BANewcomers/

I take what I read there with a grain of salt. Do you know anyone there? Are you aware that "tourists" pay way more rent than locals?

Anyway, feel free to email me!

Nanny

I am on Facebook, nblondet@yahoo.com

Amber D said...

YES tourists pay much more than locals. Very observant, jaja!